Freephone 0800 227 383 for the best possible pet care
If your pet experiences a medical emergency during our normal clinic hours please come directly to your nearest clinic. If you have the time to ring ahead and inform us of what has happened we can advise you and prepare for your arrival. We will attend to your emergency promptly.
Emergencies can include, but are not limited to:
- If your pet has been in a road traffic accident / hit by a car
- Severe bleeding or bleeding you cannot stop
- Heatstroke or stress relating to heat
- Difficulty breathing whether gagging, choking or excessive coughing
- Seizures or staggered movement
- Fractured bones, inability to move or severe lameness
- Poisonings – if you know what your pet may have eaten (e.g. chocolate, rat poison, etc) please bring the packaging with you
- Inability to or pain with urinating or passing faeces
- Eye injuries
- Any obvious or unusual signs of severe pain or anxiety
If our clinics are closed, please contact your local after-hours emergency Veterinary clinic.
Waikato After Hours Veterinary Hospital
576 Angelsea Street
Hamilton Central, Hamilton
07 839 5656
We are available for emergencies outside of our opening hours – please call 021 548 387 for our on call Veterinarian.
We share after hours availability with two other clinics in the Napier area. Please call us on 06 842 2033 for instructions on which number to call for emergencies outside of our opening hours.